Friday, May 26, 2006

hells half acre

So my dad has pretty much had the most fucked up month. He almost had his appendix burst couple weeks ago and had to have emergency surgery and is now off work in lots of pain. Yesterday feeling much better started being able to take care of the little things around the house and threw his back out really bad. Let's continue. The dog they've had since I was 12 is 1/3 German Shepard, 1/3 Doberman and 1/3 Rottweiler. So needles to say his hind legs are now shot and he can hardly walk. They have to put him down tomorow. Which wouldn't be entirely bad if the dog wasn't my dads best fucking friend. I don't think I've heard a story of one of my dads hairbrained adventures without it involving him taking bruno for a walk. Even still as bad as this all is, a good standing argument would entail this all succumbing to just plain shit luck. Which is still fine. I guess just the fucked up part is that my dad is probably the best, most nicest person alive. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Actually finds spiders in the house and puts them outside. Wouldn't bust a goddamn grape in a fruit fight. The kindest most mild, humble, soft spoken guy around. So I guess it really just breaks my heart when I see him take all this shit with a bright smile and a gentle laugh. My dad isn't quite 48 and for the better part of my highschool years (the few that they were) he was commonly mistaken for my older brother. He's starting to get old now tho. His hair is going gray and weather is changing his skin. He's starting to resemble His father. That makes me nervous. His dad (my grandpa) is now starting to feel the full blow of alzheimers. Just a few months ago I had to endure the strangling task of re-introduce myself to the man that always knew where to tickle till I peed in my pants (the last time that happened was on my 20th birthday). I guess I also just get scared for my dad. Its in our blood. Not so much worried about me, as a matter of fact, if I make it to the age of 70 with both eyes and legs I will be so god damn amazed I'd be not that worried about much else. Anyway. I love my dad a lot. I find myself telling him that a lot lately. Specially since I'm hardly ever back to my home home. I miss my parents and my little sister lots. My family. But I guess that's normal so whatever. Its cool to know that I still care about them as much as I do.That makes me lucky. They make me strong. That makes me proud.