Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Catch a Fire

transatlanticism
seems like we're still searching. for something to believe in. something to rely on. something to feel. something to inspire. to draw a tear. to catch a fire. too much is too square. to white. to complacent without a trace of what once was. the good fears. and the beautiful tears. the spotless crimes and sinless years. worse than bleeding is blood thats cold that doesn't run. at least not free. at least not warm. how much are we willing to compromise. how much more will we throw away. how much more passing of this time will distract me from knowing what i really need and love. what i miss so damn much. and need even more. even worse than this distraction is my fear this necessity. but i'm scared. i don't want to run out of things to say. out of reasons to love. reasons to cry. reasons to hurt and to fear and to hate and to run. i need you. i need you so much closer. maybe running isnt over when your hard up for another hit. another way another shit another chance to break a bit and wonder where this color comes from comes and cries and beats you up some. hello. i love you. won't you tell me your name. hello i need you like a bullet to my brain. would you tell me it aint free when all thats left is you and me, when we're done bleeding on our own my god remember us by name. would they say we'll never be, living love in times like these. when i finally fall, will you be there to hold my hand. hello i love you. won't you tell me your name. hello. i need you. cuz all thats left in this brave new world, is ticking clocks and dancing girls, and broken hearts to find, another way, to shut it all out, take some time in life to see, feel this warm security, electric hearts will play a song you've heard a thousand times.