Thursday, May 03, 2007

just keep me where the light is!

paint me a mountain with grass on the ground.
make me dreamer with faults all around
let me believe its the air thats so loud
let me be me and i won't turn around.
not for you. not for anyone.
these failed to mention positves have failed to get me by
so turn the page and shut your eyes, i hope we all go blind
its been so long since everyone,said goodbye at the same damn time

the faster i let go of everything i can't change
the harder i fight for what i can and i will.
the harder i fight for what i love and what i believe

but without letting go of everything inevitable, i will never stop
i cannot and will not believe in what i am supposed to be.
theres so much more to all of this than i am led to understand
a cardboard stand up sheriff in this cardboard stand up town.
i prayed for no wind.
no secrets to be unveiled.
the wind came.
i am unraveled.
revealed.

Embarrassed

And here on my knees,
As the hair on my back of my neck begins to stand tall;
Its funny how almost electric it can feel when shame turns to pride;
And here at the bottom I will rebuild this city.
Strong. True. With a hint of Obnoxious.

Then I’ll go and get a 10 piece box of chicken nuggets and scarf them down as fast as I can. Then a four litre jug of milk. Right after. Straight down. All of it. And I’ll make sure I’m in dave’s car when I puke. Just to see what he does. He’ll probably punch me. I’ll try and film it.

I hope I understand where I’m going with this. I won’t. I guess I’m just nervous. Don’t ever try to expect the unexpected. The unexpected has a funny way of always being smarter than you.

And yes. Plan B is to just give’r.